A Checklist for Hurricane Irma (Tampa, Key West, Naples, Sarasota County, Miami and All Affected Areas)
For those who decide to stay, please read this prep list and listen to surrounding law enforcement.
- Flashlight with plenty of extra batteries
- Battery-powered radio with extra batteries
- First aid kit (bandages, aspirin, disinfectant swabs) & Prescription medications (at least a 2 weeks supply) in their original bottle, plus copies of the prescriptions.
- Eyeglasses (with a copy of the prescription) or contacts and contact solution
- Water (at least one gallon per person per day is recommended; more is better)
- Foods that do not require refrigeration or cooking
- Coolers for food storage
- Items that infants and elderly household members may require
- Medical equipment and devices, such as dentures, crutches, prostheses, etc.
- Change of clothes for each household member
- Sleeping bag or bedroll and pillow for each household member
- Checkbook, cash in large and small bills and credit cards
- Map of the area
- Cell phone charger and car charger if you have one
- Charge your laptop computer batteries
- Digital camera, camera with film or disposable camera for before/after pictures of property
- Books, games, toys for children
- Disposable plates and utensils
- Manual can opener
- Toilet Paper
- Insect repellent, sunscreen
- Air mattress / air pump