Skip to content
Advertisements

Tucker Carlson taking over Megyn Kelly’s coveted time slot

The founder of The Daily Caller and current Fox News host Tucker Carlson, will replace Megyn Kelly in the 9 p.m. slot on Fox News. The move comes just weeks after Carlson took over the 7 p.m. hour, where he gained high ratings and became known to have provocative conversations with his guests.

The announcement of Carlson’s newest promotion, leads to the first all-male primetime lineup since the launch of Fox News. Carlson replaces Greta Van Susteren who left the network in September and is now moving to MSNBC.

The choice to move Carlson to replace Kelly is seen as an attempt to draw conservative viewers back to the network. Rupert Murdoch praised Carlson’s performance in his new show.

“In less than two months, Tucker has taken cable by storm with his spirited interviews and consistently strong performance,” Murdoch said in a statement. “Viewers have overwhelmingly responded to the show and we look forward to him being a part of Fox News’ powerful prime-time lineup.”

Carlson has gained attention for his confrontation with liberal guests on his show. Carlson previously held on-air positions with CNN and MSNBC. Carlson’s promotion puts an end to the mystery over who would replace Kelly, who announced she would be leaving Fox News for NBC News, where she will have three roles.

Fox News anchor Martha MacCallum will replace Carlson at 7pm, starting January 17, with a new news program, “The First 100 Days.” The new show will focus on President-elect Donald Trump’s first 100 days in office.

“Martha is a versatile and skilled anchor who has proven to be an essential component of our news programming,” Murdoch said. “For the last 12 years, our viewers have trusted her reporting and we are pleased she will be part of our primetime line-up for the first 100 days of the new presidency.”

Carlson will continue to hose Fox & Friends on the weekends but will no longer run editorial operations at the Daily Caller. Carlson’s new post can be seen as an attempt to draw in the conservatives who have left over Kelly’s attack against Donald Trump during the election.
Read more at http://www.commdiginews.com/?p=76202#2upoKpR86G4iwTRi.99

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: