San Bernardino shooters were in contact with suspected terrorists

Law enforcement officials in San Bernardino confirmed on Thursday that Syed Rizwwan Farook was radicalized an in touch with people being investigated by the FBI for international terrorism. Farook’s apparent radicalization contributed to his role in the mass shooting of 14 people Wednesday during a holiday party for the San Bernardino County health department, where Farook worked. FBI’s Los Angeles office assistant director, David Bowditch told reporters that Farook had traveled to Pakistan. Two government officials said no red flags were raised when he’d gone to Saudi Arabia for several weeks in 2013 on the Hajj, the annual pilgrimage to Mecca that Muslims are required to take at least once in their lifetime. It was during this trip that he met Malik, a native of Pakistan who came to the United States in July 2014 on a “fiancée visa” and later became a lawful permanent resident.

Officials had previously said neither Farook nor Malik were known to the FBI or on a list of potentially radicalized people. Nor had they had any known interactions with police until Wednesday. Farook had talked by phone and on social media with more than one person being investigated for terrorism.

Continue reading at Examiner

google+fbtwitterin

— Follow us on Social Media —

BOOK OF THE MONTH

rove

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s