ISIS threatening attacks against the White House and Times Square
New York officials confirmed on Thursday the release of an ISIS propaganda video that threatens attacks on New York. New York City officials have not verified the authenticity of the tape but say there are not any specific threats against the city. The video shows clips of Herald and Times Square as well suicide bombers getting ready for an attack. ISIS terrorists place the United States at the top of its enemy list. The release of the video comes as security increased across all major U.S. cities following last week’s string of terrorist attacks in Paris that killed 129.
New York Police Commissioner William Bratton said at a late-night press conference that the video is “a mish-mosh” of old ISIS propoganda videos and that there is no blatant new threat. He stressed that the police force is continually monitoring all possible terrorist threats but have not received any new information that indicates an imminent threat. The New York City Police Department said it was aware of the video and was deploying additional members of its new anti-terrorism squad out of an abundance of caution. The NYPD released a statement reassuring New York that they will continue to work to keep New York safe.
— Follow us on Social Media —
Book of the MonthBy purchasing this book through EOANN you will help us grow, allowing us to create a new podcast discussing the major political events facing us a nation.