Skip to content
Advertisements

Etan Patz killer facing second trial after hung jury

Judge sets date for new trial in Etan Patz Case

A New York judge announced on Wednesday that the former New York deli worker who confessed to murdering 6-year-old Etan Patz in a case that revolutionized the way handles cases of missing children will receive a new trial in 2016. After declaring a mistrial last month, Judge Maxwell Wiley told murder suspect Pedro Hernandez that a new jury will be selected early December to hear the kidnapping and murder case in state Supreme Court in lower Manhattan. Seven of the original jurors from the first case who failed to reach a guilty verdict returned to the court to hear the judge’s decision. The group included Adam Sirois, the lone juror who would vote in favor of a guilty verdict.

Patz was walking alone to the school bus stop for the first time when he vanished on May 25, 1979. His disappearance haunted America for decades. He was one of the first to appear on milk cartons attempting to locate missing children. Despite a massive search, Patz was never found. He was declared legally dead in 2001. His father Stan Patz has said the family was “frustrated and very disappointed” by….Read more at Examiner.com

google+fbtwitterin

Feel free to follow us on Social Media

Book of the Month

endofdiscussion

Follow @MaryKatherineHam and @GuyBenson on Twitter
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: