Military officials’ plan to reclaim Mosul, Iraq has been pushed back several months, according to Defense officials on Saturday. This is a sudden shift for the military, who earlier announced that a first major ground assault against ISIS could come in a matter of weeks. This latest change of plans, shows the fight against ISIS is not going as smooth as the White House envisioned. Late Friday, Defense Department spokesman Rear. Admiral John Kirby, refused to discuss any sort of timeline and said he can’t say a certain date.
The on-the-ground fight to retake Mosul isn’t likely to start until the fall at the earliest, after an intensified air campaign to target Islamic State leaders and cut off supply lines in and around the city, according to Fox News. Last month, Central Command said U.S. and Iraqi military were planning a campaign to liberate Mosul, by April or May. U.S. military officials now say they believe that Iraqi’s best military units are many months away from being in a position to successfully conduct such an operation. Read More at Examiner.com
Have you checked out our book of the month?