Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula claims responsibility for Charlie Hebdo attack

Senior leader of al-Qaeda in Yemen Nasr al-Ansi appeared on a video on Wednesday, claiming responsibility for the attacks on the the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo that killed 12 people in Paris last week. In the 11-minute video titled Message regarding the blessed raid in Paris, al-Ansi said that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula chose the target, laid out the plan and financed the operation. NBC News received the transcript of the video from an anti-extremism think tank.

The two brothers from Paris in the Charlie Hebdo attack, claimed they were from AQAP, which intelligence officials consider the most violent branch of al-Qaeda. Officials believed it would be the branch that would likely stage an attack on the West. The magazine had published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad long before the recent attack. In the video Ansi honored Cherif and Said Kouachi and called them heroes of Islam. He called the operation coinciding with the kosher supermarket a gift from God. Four hostages died in the supermarket siege. Ansi criticizes France for belonging to the “party of Satan” and warned that further terror can be expected. The video used footage from the attack, the rally in Paris and the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center. Read More at Examiner.com

google+fbtwitterin

Have you checked out our book of the month?

enemies

Follow Mr. Loudon on Twitter

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s